Summary: A game about improvisation and performance! Find a PowerPoint presentation on anything difficult, strange, complex, etc. and the other team must deliver a speech on it without any preparation!
Ages: 16+. Recommended # of people: Teams of 2-4. Messiness factor: No sweat! Materials required: Laptops/computers to show PowerPoint slides. A whiteboard or big piece of paper. Optional: projector. Recommended Setting: Indoors.
The Powerpoint Game
How to Play the Powerpoint Game
The Powerpoint Game is a hilarious game that is all about improvisational skills and acting. Find a complicated, awkward, or silly PowerPoint presentation, and have another team deliver a speech on it without ANY preparation! The rules for this game can be modified based upon your needs.
Setup for the PowerPoint Game
- Form two teams (Team 1 and Team 2). Ideally, teams of two to four people seem to work best.
- Instruct each team to go to Google and search for a good Powerpoint presentation file on the web.
- Have each team come up with 5 funny phrases that the other team must include during their speech. Write these on a dry erase whiteboard (or a big sheet of paper).
Playing the PowerPoint Game
- Show Team 1’s PowerPoint slides in front of everyone and have the other team (Team 2) deliver a presentation using those slides. They must say the required phrases anytime during their speech. They can deliver the speech as a team, working together in creative ways.
- You can incorporate judges to determine the winner if you wish. This game is more about improvisation and performance, so winning or losing isn’t necessarily an important part of this game!
Sample presentation ideas
Powerpoint slides that work well for this game include complicated science or medical topics. Part of the fun is hunting for a good PowerPoint that will make for a hilarious impromptu presentation!